Wedding Hair Do's & Dont's
Wedding season is upon us. Although, does it ever really end?;)
It seems like it comes in waves steadily throughout the year.
One of the things I am truly passionate about the beauty Industry is having the opportunity of creating Bridal Hair.
Ohhhhh Its honestly my favorite.
I can’t even count how many weddings I’ve done hair for. It’s so exciting to be around for the all the wedding day buzz while working on the bridesmaids and brides’ hair. Plus, I get to hear all the little stories because there’s something about a hairstylist that just lowers your filter, am I right?
Given my experience doing wedding hair, I think it is imperative to share my knowledge and tips if you are tying the knot anytime soon or know someone that will be getting married.
1. Always, always, always do a run through. If your stylist charges for this, pay. It’s so important for you to get a feel of how your hair will look on that day, and equally as important for your stylist to get to work with your hair a bit. On that same note, if you live in the south and are having a bridal portrait taken, don’t rely on that day to be your run through.
Show up to this appointment with the hair your stylists requests you to have. In other words, if your stylist wants you do have day old hair, don’t wash it. I always prefer clean hair (I can dirty it up with products) so I require that my brides have clean hair. Is your hair naturally curly? Ask your stylist if it should be straightened. Do you typically use a smoothing serum or root lifter? Make sure it’s okay to use those products on that day.
2. When choosing a bridal style, make sure you pick something that you feel pretty in, And make sure you look like yourself., also choose a style that can work with your hair texture and length.
99.9% I get pictures from pinterest that are gorgeous styles, however LADIES!!!!! Understand that all of those pictures have been edited to look perfect and they all have hair extensions as well, keep this in mind when providing your stylist with your style vision
Do you prefer your hair down? Wear it down, but do something special, adding clip in extensions are always a good option to create more length or volume. I once had a bride who only wanted me to curl her hair, she had very thin hair which was fine, but I should have pushed her a bit and encouraged her to do something a little different with hair extensions. It was too plain and simple for a wedding day in my opinion, but its really up to the bride as long as she's happy.
3. Don’t lie about how it’s coming together while your stylist is working. It’s much easier to tweak a style as she is working, instead of changing things once it’s completed. If a bobby pin is poking your head, or you wish you had a little more volume on top, tell the stylist right away. It’s not rude or annoying to be told to make subtle changes. Stylists would rather know how to fix it than to leave you unhappy right before you walk down the aisle.
4. Add bling. Whether it be a veil or a jeweled comb, take advantage of the opportunity to wear something in your hair! If you have a brooch that is particularly meaningful to you, your stylist may be able to “pin” it in your hair with bobby pins. Etsy is a great resource for finding hair bling as well.
5. Be creative! I’ve had a few brides wear one hairstyle for the ceremony, and switch to something new during the reception. Of course, it’s easiest if your stylist is attending the wedding itself! See if you can have it loosely pinned up for the ceremony, and then take out some pins to let it down a bit for the reception. That’s a fun way to change your look throughout the day!
If you are getting married in a humid, hot climate, Like Florida!!! don’t even bother wearing your hair down. Consider the weather! Unless your stylist is a magician, humidity and heat will melt a hairstyle with a quickness. Instead of forcing it and ending up looking hot and messy after the ceremony, sweep your hair off your neck so you don’t need to worry about it at all.
HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS FROM SOME OF OUR PAST BRIDES AND BRIDAL PARTY
#weddinghairandmakeup #weddingmakeupartist #weddinghairideas #orlandowedding #weddingblog #orlandoweddinghairstylist #orlandomobilehairstylist #orlandomobilemakeupartist #beautyblog #travelinghairstylist #orlandohairandmakeup #weddingairbrushmakeup #professionalhairstylists #orlandohair #orlandoweddinghairstylists #bridalhairandmakeup #orlandobridalhairstylist #orlandobridalmakeup #orlandofreelancemakeupartist #orlandohairstylist #orlandomakeupartist #orlandoonsitebeauty #orlandoonsitehairandmakeup #orlandophotographer #orlandoweddingmakeup #orlandobesthairstylist #orlandobestmakeupartist #paradisecoveorlando #productionhairstylist #productionmakeupartist #celebrityhairstylist #celebritymakeupartist #waltdisneyworldweddings #weddingmakeup #winterparkflorida #centralfloridamakeupartist #centralfloridahairstylist #daytonamakeupartist #daytonahairstylist #cocoabeachhairstylist #cocoabeachmakeupartist #deltonahairstylist #deltonamakeupartist #delandmakeupartist #delandhairstylist #disneyhairandmakeup #disneymakeupartist #disneyhairstylist #disneybride #crystalballroomorlando #crystalballroomdaytona #crystalballroommakeupartist #crystalballroomhairstylist #bestweddingmakeupartist #bestweddinghairstylist #bellacollinamakeupartist #bellacollinahairstylist #bestdisneymakeupartist #bestmakeupartist #bestmakeupartistorlando #besthairstylistorlando #bestorlandomakeup #bestorlandohair #disbride #disbrides #airbrushmakeup #airbrushmakeupartist #orlandoairbrushmakeupartist #disneyphotoshoot #weddingupdo #macmakeupartist #mobilesalonorlando #newsmyrnabeachhairstylist #newsmyrnabeachmakeupartist #centralfloridaweddings